Immerse yourself in the old and the new Brooklyn
- Brooklyn is one of the trendiest borrows from New York City. But what makes it so vibrant? You’ll find out during this unique tour that encompasses three neighborhoods of this iconic borrow. Behind the hipster wave, you will be amazed by Brooklyn’s diversity, its communities. We’ll show you three different faces of Brooklyn at three different development stages.
- Starting with Bushwick, you’ll find out that farmlands have been replaced by factories in the 19th century. Artists and workers now enjoy this neighborhood so different from Manhattan. There you’ll be surprised to discover many different forms of street art: stencils, graffiti, stickers, yarn bombing and spray paint murals are some of the most famous. Bushwick, a Hispanic neighborhood is changing and street art plays definitely a role. Let’s see how this change is taking place and what challenges arise!
- Then, direction Williamsburg. We’ll take the subway or (depending on the group size) a cab. Will you be able to spot all the old warehouses and factories transformed into cool spots: coffee shops, apartments, theaters, stores. Can you differentiate the old buildings from the new ones? You’ll learn about South Williamsburg and its Jewish community that has been expanding since the forties. The contrast with young artists, hipsters and young professionals living and parting in North Williamsburg is striking.
- For the final part, let’s get on board a boat towards Dumbo! Have your cameras ready, because you will be stunned by the Manhattan Skyline. Do you know all the legends surrounding the Brooklyn bridge? By the Fulton landing, so much history will be told from George Washington to the coffee business in NYC.
- This tour is perfect for someone willing to grasp Brooklyn on one afternoon. For families, the private tour is ideal as your tour guide adapts the tour to your pace.
- And after the tour? Enjoy a cocktail on a rooftop and or cross the famous Brooklyn bridge.
How long is the tour and where do we meet?
- The tour is 3.5 hours. We meet in front of a cute coffee shop in Bushwick near the subway stop Jefferson (L line). Note that for a specific request, your guide can come and pick you up elsewhere if need be.
- The tour ends in Dumbo not far from the Brooklyn Bridge near the subway stop York Street on the F line.
What is the price of the tour “the best of Brooklyn”?
- The price is 65 USD for 1 adult and 49 USD per child between 6 and 12 years old. Group Tours will only run with 4 people registered.
- Groups are small and do not exceed 12 people. The price includes the boat tickets for each participant.
- How to book your tour? Send an e-mail to email@example.com and I will contact you to organize your tour.
- For a private tour curated for your needs, the price is 339 USD for a private group between 1 and 5 people. For more people get a quote by contacting us.
- The price includes the boat tickets for each participant. How to book your tour? Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will contact you to organize your tour.