Are you travelling to New York city for a weekend or a few days? This is our program from Thursday evening to Sunday.
EVENING – Times Square
- Arrival in New York City in the mid-afternoon or late afternoon.
- Airport transfer. To get to Manhattan as soon as possible, you can book your transfer now in our airport transfers section in New York.
- Arrival at the hotel and installation.
- Direction Times Square to be amazed! Times Square is New York’s most famous crossroads, with its giant ads and neon lights. Enough to keep you alert after the trip!
MORNING – View of Manhattan and Brooklyn Bridge
- Direction Brooklyn to discover the Manhattan skyline from Brooklyn Heights Promenade.
- Continue towards Brooklyn Bridge Park and the Dumbo district.
- Cross the Brooklyn Bridge to Manhattan.
- Have lunch in the Financial District of Manhattan, for example in the South Street Seaport area.
AFTERNOON – Financial District and Staten Island Ferry
- Continue in the direction of the World Trade Center, in the heart of the Financial District. You will see the memorial of September 11, 2001 and the museum of September 11, 2001 as well as the One World Trade Center tower. You can also visit the summit of the One World Observatory for a breathtaking view of New York City.
- Head to Wall Street and discover the New York Stock Exchange, with the fearless girl from Wall Street.
- Go down Broadway, past the Wall Street bull and head for Battery Park, at the southern tip of Manhattan.
- Embark on the Staten Island ferry, a free ferry service that crosses New York Bay. You will then have the Manhattan skyline in front of you. The ferry passes off the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. The opportunity to see Miss Liberty because, as your stay is very short, I do not recommend you to go to the island of the Statue of Liberty. Some other time! Note that the ferry will also have the advantage of resting a little, after a good morning’s walk.
- Once on Staten Island, get off the ferry and take the next ferry when you leave. The change is immediate! Allow one hour for the round trip between Manhattan and Staten Island.
- At the end of the day, several possibilities. After a good day of visiting, why not attend a musical or sporting event, such as basketball at Madison Square Garden or baseball at Yankee Stadium, depending on the season.
MORNING – Top of the Rock and Midtown
- Go to the top of the Top of the Rock, one of New York’s most beautiful observatories. In the morning, you will enjoy perfect lighting on the Empire State Building, just in front of you.
- Discover Rockefeller Center and visit St. Patrick’s Cathedral.
- Go down Fifth Avenue to 42nd Street. There you will see the New York Public Library and the famous Bryant Park on the right.
- Continue on 42nd Street eastward to discover Grand Central Terminal Central Station, Chrysler Building and UN Headquarters.
- Lunch at the Central station or at a Midtown restaurant
AFTERNOON – Flatiron Building, Greenwich Village and Empire State Building
- Come back to Fifth Avenue and take a bus down 42nd Street to 23rd Street. Note that you can also take the metro (line 4, 5 or 6) from Grand Central Terminal.
- At the corner of Broadway and Fifth Avenue, you can admire the amazing Flatiron Building. If you haven’t had lunch yet, you can have a snack in Madison Square Park.
- Return to the bus or metro to Union Square, further south.
Continue towards Washington Square Park and discover the typical Greenwich Village district.
- At the end of the day, I advise you to head for the Empire State Building, to enjoy the sunset and a great night view of New York Cityfrom its terrace on the 86th floor. At the end of the day, you will see the arrow of the Chrysler Building glowing with the last rays of the sun.
MORNING – Central Park
- Catch the metro 4, 5, 6 and get off at 77 St. Head west and, if you wish, you can visit the Metropolitan Museum of Art. The museum opens at 10am and you will spend a lot of time there.
- Alternatively, simply walk past the museum and enter Central Park. You will then have plenty of time to explore the southern part of the Park.
- You can picnic in Central Park or return to Midtown, south of Central Park.
AFTERNOON – Departure
- After lunch, I advise you to return to your hotel for your transfer to the airport.
- If you live in Times Square, this will be an opportunity to walk around the area a little more.
- So that’ s it for this quick visit to New York but, following my schedule, you will already see a lot of things! Above all, this schedule is designed according to the course of the sun, to avoid walking for 3 days with the sun in the eye and the landscape in the shade… Note that, apart from the Metropolitan Museum of Art, I have not added any museums to this program but, of course, you can adapt it and customize it according to your desires!
Do you want a longer schedule?
Feel free to contact us.